Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bridesmaid Gifts


This was one of the first projects I started working on and had a lot of fun with. I have eight precious bridesmaids and I wanted them to know how much I care about them and appreciate that they are in my life! Most of this is a compilation of Esty purchases and Pinterest ideas with a little bit of my own touch. The first thing I did was order wedding hangers with each bridesmaid's name in wire from the Etsy shop Whiskey & Wedding Bells. Brianna was really great, she had them completed super fast and packaged and shipped very securely. Maybe one day I will learn to make them myself, but hers were perfect.

Next I ordered the grey and white striped robes seen in the picture from Aerie. Normally I don't shop at Aerie, but they were having a huge blowout sale and I had a coupon/points from shopping at AE awhile back. Then, I had the robes monogrammed by a local embroidery shop.


Then it was time to add in the final letter and finishing touches. I love to scrapbook so making the letter was a lot of fun. I picked out scrapbook papers that matched the wedding:


From there I created a two sided letter that on the front asked them to be a bridesmaid and on the back detailed their dress specifications. The only stipulation was that it needed to be long and a shade of grey.


To show them the exact color greys I was thinking I went to Home Depot and ....borrowed....about 18 different paint samples and included them in the letter. To keep it all together I used a 12x12 scrapbook paper page protector, cut it in half and slid the letter and paint samples in. Later, my sister and mom used the grey paint samples to make a pennant banner at my shower which was really cute! Below is a picture of us and the paint chip banner behind:


Anyway, then the last thing I did was buy a wooden heart at Michael's and paint it with the date.  The entire package looked like this: 

:)

2 comments:

  1. Dang!! I want to be a bridesmaid!!! ; ) You are so clever and thoughtful, those girls are blessed to be standing beside you on your big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page Bridesmaid GiftsElla Vickers produces high end, designer tote bags for all sorts of uses. The tote bags are made from recycled sailcloth.

    ReplyDelete