Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bridesmaid Gifts


This was one of the first projects I started working on and had a lot of fun with. I have eight precious bridesmaids and I wanted them to know how much I care about them and appreciate that they are in my life! Most of this is a compilation of Esty purchases and Pinterest ideas with a little bit of my own touch. The first thing I did was order wedding hangers with each bridesmaid's name in wire from the Etsy shop Whiskey & Wedding Bells. Brianna was really great, she had them completed super fast and packaged and shipped very securely. Maybe one day I will learn to make them myself, but hers were perfect.

Next I ordered the grey and white striped robes seen in the picture from Aerie. Normally I don't shop at Aerie, but they were having a huge blowout sale and I had a coupon/points from shopping at AE awhile back. Then, I had the robes monogrammed by a local embroidery shop.


Then it was time to add in the final letter and finishing touches. I love to scrapbook so making the letter was a lot of fun. I picked out scrapbook papers that matched the wedding:


From there I created a two sided letter that on the front asked them to be a bridesmaid and on the back detailed their dress specifications. The only stipulation was that it needed to be long and a shade of grey.


To show them the exact color greys I was thinking I went to Home Depot and ....borrowed....about 18 different paint samples and included them in the letter. To keep it all together I used a 12x12 scrapbook paper page protector, cut it in half and slid the letter and paint samples in. Later, my sister and mom used the grey paint samples to make a pennant banner at my shower which was really cute! Below is a picture of us and the paint chip banner behind:


Anyway, then the last thing I did was buy a wooden heart at Michael's and paint it with the date.  The entire package looked like this: 

:)

1 comment:

  1. Dang!! I want to be a bridesmaid!!! ; ) You are so clever and thoughtful, those girls are blessed to be standing beside you on your big day!

    ReplyDelete