Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Small Business Saturday Shopping Guide - A Highlight of My Favorite Shops

I'm pretty conflicted on how I feel about Black Friday. You know the common statement that it seems so wrong to spend time thinking about how thankful we are for what we have and then rush out to buy what we want only a few hours later. Well, just because everyone says it and you're probably tired of your Facebook friends "taking a virtual stand about it" doesn't mean I'm not partially agreeing. However, I've also scored some amazing Black Friday deals so I can't hate on it too much...

But, I have come to really love Small Business Saturday. As a small business owner myself, I try to shop almost exclusively at other small businesses and especially for holidays and gifts. Throughout the past year I've stopped by quite a few shops and have gotten to know many of the owners behind the scenes. I've rounded up some of my favorites in a full list below and also featured a few specific gift ideas here: 

Featured Items: 

And below you'll find the full list of favorite shops I shopped at this past year. Take time and look through these - so many categories and fun things to find! 



Chesapeake Tides Nautical Items Inspired by the Chesapeake Bay
Clever Betty Keepsake Calendars, Plushes, & Wall Signs
Culture Flock Clothing Retro and Funky Clothing (think sloths and E.T.)
DoBee Designs Metal Stamped Jewelry
Fancy Free Finery Felt Flower Hair Accessories
Fox and Owl Designs Custom Order Dolls
Gulush Threads Hand Embroidered Jewelry 
Galarples Miniature Hand Crafted Creatures
Kristin Schmucker Shop Candles, Bible Studies, Study Accessories & More
Life Lived Beautifully  Bible Studies, Journals, Mugs, & More
Mini Backdrops Small Backdrops for Photography & More
Oh Deer Creative Art Prints, Printables, Wedding Accessories, Totes & More
The Olive Tree Designs Jewelry, Art Prints & Journals
Pancakes & Glue Guns Paper Flower Party Decor & Gifts
Vine & Branch Design Hand Painted Wooden Signs & Digital Prints


No comments:

Post a Comment